Sunday, November 12

Autumn Colours

Capturing a shot of deer is often the dream of many nature photographers but on this day I was one of the lucky ones. I kept my distance in order not to disturb them but I could have done with my telephoto lens at this point. I cropped this shot in such a way that would set the scene and show what tranquil surroundings they were grazing in.
Many flowers and plants disappear during autumn but the cool, damp weather can bring out an array of Fungi. They have a complete multitude and forms and textures and this makes them an excellent subject for close-up photography. I was especially pleased with the fungi shots. I found this family of fungi hidden under some twigs and leaves. There were many other photographers around on this particular day so I made sure to cover them back up again afterwards to stop anyone else pinching my shot. I love the detail of the gills on these fungi and they were positioned in such a way that meant I could experiment with depth of field.


These images were taken at a recent visit to Batsford Arboretum. I wanted to capture the real array of colours that were on display.

1 comment:

TheSlyCat said...

I <3 Your photos. Those leaves are awesome!!!