Sunday, November 12

557ft

This is an image that i captured which incorporates the HMS Marlborough figurehead and Portsmouth’s Spinnaker Tower. I was looking for an alternative angle to photograph the tower along with a way of linking the Portsmouth’s naval history with the new modern appearance that it is presented through Gunwharf Quays.

I know the Spinnaker Tower is one of the most photographed buildings in the UK but I still like this shot that I captured. There was a very convenient light behind me, which helped to illuminate the rocks in the foreground. It gives this image a staged feel. My worst enemy – the orange reflection of the streetlights on the clouds doesn’t help this image. Ah well better brush up on my Photoshop skills and republish it.

Taken with a blue filter this night shot worked well with all of the traffic streaming towards me. The picture was taken in my early photography stages but I experimented and often that is how I develop my best shots.

No comments: